Tuition Reduction Program

The Scrip Tuition Reduction Program offers families the opportunity to help pay for a portion of their children’s educational fees simply by buying gift cards/certificates purchased through the Scrip Program. It costs nothing to participate and a percentage of the proceeds raised is automatically calculated and applied towards any outstanding educational fees.

What is Scrip?
Gift cards/certificates are purchased by the Scrip Program from numerous retailers, restaurants, and service providers at a discounted rate. Holy Cross Scrip sells the gift cards at face value to members of the Holy Cross school and parish community.

How can I reduce my tuition bill using Scrip?
The Scrip Tuition Reduction Program offers families the opportunity to help pay for a portion of their children’s educational fees simply by buying gift cards/certificates purchased through the Scrip Program. It costs nothing to participate and a percentage of the proceeds raised is automatically calculated and applied towards any outstanding educational fees.

When a family purchases the gift cards at face value through the Scrip Program, the difference in price (i.e. the face value minus the discounted rate) is credited to the Scrip Program. A percentage of the proceeds is then applied to the family’s outstanding educational fees.

What percentage is subtracted from my tuition bill?
On purchases made by day school families, 59% of the proceeds credited to the Scrip Program is applied to their children’s outstanding educational fees and 40% is credited to the parish. On purchases made by day school families who have paid their tuition in full for the current school year, 99% of the proceeds is credited to the parish. (The remaining 1% in each case is deducted for expenses.)

How do I know how much of a credit we’ve earned?
The Scrip tuition credit is reflected on your tuition bill from GRACE.

Download a PDF Version of this Information

Click here for information about how to purchase Scrip.