Volunteering is a great way to meet some new people and become a part of our Holy Cross community! There are many, many opportunities for you to be involved here at school. Volunteer opportunities are listed below. Please check back often; opportunities will be added throughout the year.
- Annual School Auction: Get involved in the planning process or volunteer the night of the event. The auction takes place in the spring, but planning begins months in advance.
- Bookmobile: Supervise students on the mobile unit and help them find books (one Wednesday per month).
- Classroom Assistant: Help out in your child’s classroom. Do copying, laminating, booklet binding, etc for teachers.
- Development Program: Assist with public relations, marketing, alumni relations, recruitment, etc
- Family Packets/Communications Folders: Stuff family packets for 2-3 hours on Wednesday mornings.
- FAST: Assist in planning and implementing various FAST activities or volunteer to help with a specific activity or event.
- Green Bay Holiday Parade Float: Help with the planning and construction of our float or volunteer to walk in the parade. Float preparations begin in October.
- Health Screenings: Assist with vision/hearing tests on September 28
- Help Gr. 6-8 students with service projects and extra-curricular projects, i.e. Knowledge Bowl, Forensics, Drama, Musical, etc.
- Library: Help students check out books. Shelve returned books.
- Label/Cap Fundraising: Cut and count General Mills Boxtops, Campbell’s Labels for Education and milk caps and prepare for shipping (1 or 2 times per year).
- Magazine Sale: Collect and tally orders and distribute prizes several days in late Oct./early Nov.
- Market Day: Help sort orders for customers to pick up one Wednesday each month from 1 PM to 2:30 PM.
- School Office: Spend time in the school office answering phones and/or doing miscellaneous jobs for the secretary.
- $crip Program: Place and fill $crip orders. Pick up $crip from local vendors. Help sell $crip after weekend Masses. All levels of participation are welcome!
If you are interested in helping out, please contact the Cathy Zehms at 920.468.0625 or email@example.com.