The objective of this program is to support our children’s Catholic education through the many volunteer opportunities available to help out our school. On behalf of our children, we thank you.
Site Advisory Council (SAC) has chosen to use the term “TSF Units” to measure the volunteer contribution and provide the clearest correlation to the level of volunteer contribution. Note that this may not always be the same as the number of hours provided. As a reminder, your tuition agreement for the upcoming school year stated the following (with a transition to TSF Units from TSF Hours):
- K-8: Each family will volunteer for 20 TSF Units of Holy Cross School approved activities. Families will be charged $15 per TSF Unit for unfulfilled TSF Units on May 1, 2015. Families may elect to “buy out” of the TSF Units by paying the $300 flat fee.
- EC: Each family will volunteer for 10 TSF Units of Holy Cross School approved activities. Families will be charged $15 per TSF Unit for unfulfilled TSF Units on May 1, 2015. Families may elect to “buy out” of the TSF Units by paying the $150 flat fee.
**No additional units will be required for those (co)chairing: the School Auction, Fall Fest, Scrip Assistant.
SAC has determined the following volunteer activities to be appropriate in counting towards TSF Units. Please note that a minimum of 10 TSF Units must be completed by the K-8 families for the Lunchroom/Playground Duty activity, and a minimum of 5 TSF Units by the EC families, or the family may elect to “buy out” of the Lunchroom/Playground Duty at a cost of $15.00 per unit.
- To encourage continued participation and volunteering in the lunchroom and on the playground, each family will be required to volunteer for a minimum of 5 lunchroom/playground sessions which is less than in past school years. Each session will count for 2 TSF Units. The Seder meal will qualify for 3 TSF Units. Families can earn all 20 of their TSF Units through this opportunity if they so choose.
School Auction (or other major spring fundraiser)
- Opportunity for a chair and co-chair (maximum of up to two people) to on the acquisition of silent and oral auction items, coordinate student art projects, coordinate raffles, setup the check in process, be the promotional coordinator, setup the Parish ticket sales, coordinate the Auction set up/clean up, create the Auction booklet, coordinate the food and bar. The chair and co-chair will each receive 20 TSF Units and will NOT be required to perform any other TSF Units including lunchroom/playground duty. All other volunteers will receive 1 TSF Unit for each hour worked.
Fall Fest (or other major fall fundraiser)
- Opportunities include chairing or co-chairing the event, being involved in the planning process, helping with set-up and clean-up or volunteering the night of the event. Fall Fest takes place in the Fall (typically September or early October), but planning begins a couple of months in advance. One chair or two co-chairs are needed. The person(s) who serve as chair/co-chair will receive 20 TSF Units and will NOT be required to perform any other TSF Units including lunchroom/playground duty. OtherTSF Units are available for people who volunteer to help plan and work the event (including set-up and take-down). 1 hour of time will equal 1 TSF hour. SAC estimates that approximately 60 volunteer hours are needed for this event.
- Opportunity for 1 person to work with Holy Cross Parish to organize, distribute and promote the Football Mania fundraiser for Holy Cross School families. This fundraiser is a joint fundraiser with the Parish. The Parish will handle the recordkeeping of family participation and the collection/disbursement of monies. The Football Mania coordinator will earn 5 TSF Units.
- Opportunity for 1 person to organize, distribute, and collect Magazine Sale order packets. In addition, volunteer will be responsible for communication with fundraising vendor pertaining to materials and activities connected to Magazine sale events. Magazine Sale volunteer will earn 5 TSF Units.
- Opportunity for 1 person to organize this event which includes being the contact person for Scholastic Books, setting up the website, coordinating volunteers and running the event. The Chair of the event will earn 10 TSF Units for his/her leadership of this event. There will also be other opportunities to volunteer with both set up and running the event. Those not chairing the event but still volunteering can earn up to 3 TSF Units based on 1 TSF Unit per hour.
Wednesday Helper (school office)
- Opportunity for 1 person each week during the school year to work with the School Secretary to stuff the weekly parent folder and other duties assigned by the Secretary. The Wednesday Helper will earn 2 TSF Units per day worked.
Office Helper (school office)
- Opportunity for 1 person each week during the school year to work with the School Secretary on various duties assigned by the Secretary. The Office Helper will earn 2 TSF Units per day worked.
- Opportunity for one Class Ambassador per grade/class to act as representative of Holy Cross School transferring the enthusiasm of school events, programs and initiatives to a specific grade/class with the goal of increasing participation and development of grade/class family atmosphere. Plan a social function for families in the class to meet each other and/or strengthen current relationships and begin to build a sense of unity and involvement in the class as well as the entire school. Communicate and promote participation in third source funding events, TSF service unit opportunities and progress and general school events and functions. Each Class Ambassador will earn 10 TSF units.
Site Advisory Council (SAC)
- The Site Advisory Council consists of 9 members, which is comprised of at least 1 parishioner that is not a parent of a current Holy Cross Catholic School student, and up to 8 parents/guardians of school age children. SAC is the liaison between GRACE, The Principal and the Families of all School Children. SAC’s primary responsibility is to help develop our third source funding events that are mandated by GRACE and to be an advisory board to the Principal. SAC members serve one 3 year term (with the possibility of serving a second term) and will meet monthly from August through June (no meeting in July). TSF units received will be 5 units annually for each year served.
- Opportunities include taking on a leadership position with this group, assisting with planning and implementing various FAST activities, and volunteering to help with a specific activity or event. Officers of the FAST Board (president, vice president, etc.) will receive 5 TSF Units. Other TSF Units are available for assisting with FAST-sponsored activities and events. 1 hour of time will equal 1 TSFhour. SAC estimates that approximately 35 hours are needed for this work.
Market Day Assistant
- Opportunity for one individual to assist the Market Day Coordinator from the months of August through June in the coordination of communicating, arranging, delivery, separating and distributing orders through the Market Day. The assistant will earn 1 TSF Unit for each month volunteered.
- Opportunity for 3 people to arrange for pictures to be taken throughout the school year and make requests for pictures taken by others for inclusion in the school’s yearbook, layout pages and assemble year- book for publication. Yearbook and School Photography volunteers will earn 5 TSF units each.
- Opportunity to coach student athletes in any of the available athletics teams in which Holy Cross School participates. Conduct practices and games in a safe and fun environment, teach the fundamentals of the sport and develop a team concept focused on sportsmanship. Coaching an approved Holy Cross School athletic team will earn 2 TSF units. One coach per team will earn TSF units.
Bellin Run Trainer
- Opportunity for one person to coordinate and train grades 3-8 for the Bellin Run. Bellin training will occur after school every Tuesday and Thursday in April and May. The Coordinator will be responsible for getting the paperwork from participating families in a timely fashion for the Cellcom 5k and the Bellin 10k. The Bellin Run Coordinator will receive 5 TSF Units.
- Opportunity for one person to assist the Scrip Coordinator by placing and filling scrip orders, as well as picking up scrip from local vendors and helping with scrip sales after weekend Masses. The Scrip Assistant will receive 20 TSF Units and will NOT be required to perform any other TSF Units including lunchroom/playground duty.
Growth and Development Instructor
- Opportunity for one person to come in for one day and explain to grades 4-8 about the changes that their bodies will experience as they get older. A powerpoint presentation has been developed by a parent that can be used on an annual basis. The Growth and Development Instructor will earn 5 TSF Units.
Development, Marketing, Recruitment and Retention
- Opportunity for one or more people to assist the School with various public relations, marketing, alumni relations, recruitment, and other development efforts. Work includes assisting with the Baptism card program, Christmas Card and the Open House. One hour of time will equal 1 TSF Unit. SAC estimates that approximately 30 volunteer hours are needed for this work.