Earn a break on your tuition by purchasing Scrip!
The Scrip Tuition Reduction Program offers families the opportunity to pay for a portion of their children’s educational fees simply by buying gift cards/certificates purchased through the Scrip Program. It costs nothing to participate and a percentage of the proceeds raised is automatically calculated and applied towards any outstanding educational fees.
Scrip by the Numbers
- Over 70 school families participated in the Scrip program last year.
- As a group, HCCS families shaved over $16,000 off their tuition during the school year.
- 11 families each saved more than $500 off their tuition.
- The Scrip program features gift cards for over 500 national and local retailers.
- Scrip raised over $16,000 for Holy Cross Parish last year.
How to purchase Scrip
- Via your blue Scrip envelope: You can purchase Scrip by sending in your special order request to school in the blue Scrip envelope by 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning. If you would like your $crip order sent home with your child, please be sure to sign the sales form giving us permission to do so. If the order is large (value) you may want to pick up the order at the rectory (weekdays) or after Mass on the weekend.
- Mondays, 9-11 in the school Faith Formation office
- Wednesdays, 12:30-2 in the rectory
- Wednesdays, 6-7 in the school lobby when Faith Formation is in session
- Fridays, 9-11 in the rectory
- After all weekend Masses: Scrip is sold in the back of church after all weekend Masses.
Scrip Hints and Tips
- A large purchase can quickly shave extra dollars off your tuition bill. Building a deck? Taking a vacation? Plan on paying for it with Scrip!
- Use Scrip on necessities. We all buy gas and groceries every month. Make a weekly habit of purchasing Scrip cards. Gas stations and grocery stores typically offer small percent-ages, but they do add up over time!
- Scrip makes great gifts! Scrip is indistinguishable from regular gifts cards.
- Encourage your extended family and friends to buy Scrip on your behalf. As long as they include your name/child’s grade on the order form, their purchases can be used to reduce your tuition bill.
Documents and links
- Scrip Order Form – 2 pages (PDF) -Updated 1.7.2016
- List of Local Scrip Retailers (NOTE: You can special order Scrip from any of these local retailers.)
Contact the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org.